I received another amazing book from the wonderful Ben from OfTomes Publishing. I have fallen in love with this book and it's my number 2 right after The Hunger Games. That should tell you all how much I loved it and can't stop thinking about it.
Look at this beautiful cover though. It is definitely my favorite book cover for this year.
It's about a girl named Ava. We learn that she is being sheltered by her father from her town and has to dress up as a boy. That's because women are seen as not equal. They are their father's property until they reach the coming of age where they can be arranged into marriages or sold to another man. Ava's male side is known as Cedar. "She" sells meats and vegetables from her farm and jokes around with the other men who joke about "his" sister which is her.
She meets a mysterious man one day as Cedar, and then she meets him again as Ava. Things begin to go creepy when she starts getting vivid nightmares and seeing blood and shadows. Every time she feels danger nearby, her locket gets heavier and heavier. The thing with the beautiful necklace on the front is that she can NOT take it off. It is impossible.
Further into the story, she starts falling for the mysterious guy who is named Ethan. I LOVE HIM. I place him up there with Peeta so far... :) Ethan is a demon and he is constantly saving her life. They eventually find out that she is an important "lost" person and she gives her life to save Ethan's.
I cried at the end because this was a truly suspenseful, thrilling and heartbreaking story. I can't wait to read book 2.
This book comes out in February of 2017, so go pre-order it and wait to read it. It's so amazing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment