Sunday, December 4, 2016

Reviews: The Girl in the Box Series: Book 1: Alone by: Robert J. Crane

This is one of my free Kindle reads that I got last year when I discovered the app, and went crazy getting free books. I have realized that all free books have sequels that I will have to pay for if I want to finish the series and man, are there some series that I want to buy and don't have the money. This is one of the series, but I have the first 3 books for free. I have read the first book and I loved it.


The first book is called Alone. It's about a girl named Sienna and right off the bat, she is kicking ass. She has been left abandoned by her mother who has kept her locked up in her house. She was abused and made to follow rules. Her mom had her learn about the world and everything and she also taught her martial arts. If Sienna broke any of the rules, her punishment was THE BOX!. She would be left in there for hours to up to a week.

Two guys break into the house to "rescue"Sienna. She basically kicks ass, and is finally free. She gets picked up by a new character named Reed and helps her run from the two guys. More bad ass fight scenes ensue and she gets saved by the two guys from the beginning.

She wakes up in a place called the Directorate. This is where the story made me think of Divergent. The Directorate reminded me of the Bureau of Genetic Welfare and Ariadne reminded me of Jeanine Matthews.

Sienna is hated instantly because the agents keeping her safe is dying at the hands of Wolfe. A scary super meta human who can't be stopped. He is eventually stopped though and it answers a question as to why Sienna's mom always made her wear gloves.

I can't wait to read book 2. I have 2 other books to read and review before I can get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...