This post contains pictures from the two days of school last week and the three days this week.We unfortunately had a sick day on Tuesday. Sammy and Airy woke up with stomach bug and fighting for the bathroom. Needless to say, both bathrooms had to thoroughly be cleaned. Disgusting! Anyways, we are not doing school tomorrow to celebrate New Years weekend!
Monday-12/19: We were so ready to get our two days out of the way and we basically had a fun, little productive week. We watched Bill Nye and read the second Avatar: The Lost Scrolls: Earth book and they loved it. We love King Bumi!!!
After reading most of the day, we ended the day with doing some math problems in their workbooks.
Tuesday-12/20: We had a very late start because the morning was just not going the way I wanted and everything decided to go wrong. We started around noon, and I was glad that I had printed a packet of Christmas worksheets and coloring pages the night before.
To end the day, Samantha finished her Easy Peasy copy work pages, while Ariana also did hers and they had reading time. It was late when we stopped the school day but we were ready for our 5 day break.
Wednesday-12/21: NO School. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!
Thursday-12/22: No School
Friday-12/23: No School. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE!
Monday-12/26: We were ready to get back into the school week. It was weird to have that break but it was much needed. We had a good Christmas weekend. We started the morning off with Ariana doing her Easy Peasy lessons first while Samantha did her reading time.
After an hour, they switched and then they got their new spelling words for this week. We ended the day with reading Avatar: The Lost Scrolls: Fire and discussing it.
Tuesday-12/27: SICK Day! We were all hugging a toilet today.
Wednesday-12/28: Yesterday's unexpected sick day put a huge delay on my plans and I had to move things around and I was not happy, but I had to deal with it and wait for the stomach bug to pass. They started their day with reviewing spelling words and then we just piled up in bed and read the last book in the Avatar: The Lost Scrolls series.
After we read the book, they did reading time together,
To get some other work into the day, I let Sammy do some of her coloring book for 30 minutes while Ariana worked on Reading Eggs.
After 30 minutes, Ariana did some more Easy Peasy copy work pages and Sammy did Mathseeds on Reading Eggs.
We ended the day by reading two more books. I had books that were due back to the library this week, so I had to cram them in. We read Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias and then we didn't read our little Elf on the Shelf book, so we got that in as well. By the way, our elf's name is Fred. Cayce wanted to name him Buddy....umm NO, there can only be ONE Buddy the Elf.
Thursday- 12/29: We are excited for the New Years weekend. We had our morning routine and then we did workbook pages for a good hour. They then put spelling words in ABC order and then reviewed for 30 minutes before their test.
Sammy missed 3 words and Ariana missed 1 word. Not great, but kind of figured since we only did 3 days of school this week. After their tests, they had reading time and then we finished the day with reading 4 chapters of The Bad Beginning. Since the A Series of Unfortunate Events show will be coming on Netflix next month, I want to read the books to the girls so they can watch the show. They are loving it so far. We will be finishing the book tomorrow.
Friday-12/30: NO School. Celebrating the new year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...













No comments:
Post a Comment