Monday: We had a very late start to the morning. I had planned to get up early and get some coffee in my system and get a lot of my work done and then get the girls fed and straight into school work. That didn't happen. I got up early, but didn't have the patience to make coffee, and I went back to bed and just could not wake up. When they did get started, the did their morning routine and then they both worked on Easy Peasy copy work pages.
After doing a few pages of copy work, Samantha did her lessons first while Ariana did her reading time. Sammy got through one day's worth of lessons and it was disappointing, but she did a great job.
They switched and Ariana only got through a day's worth of lessons.
They ended the day with watching Sid the Science Kid because I just started feeling awful and my throat was getting very sore.
Tuesday: We had a normal start time to the day. Got through morning work and after we watched three episodes of Bill Nye the Science Guy because they asked. If they ask to watch an educational show, I will not turn it down. After we had so many laughs and learned a few things, they both did reading time. After we watched another 3 episodes of Sid the Science Kid. They got their new spelling words after.
They ended their day with doing more Easy Peasy copy work pages. Not many pictures but it was a science watching day.
Wednesday: Morning work and spelling words review started our day. We had reading time and then Samantha wanted to do some coloring in her adult coloring book and Ariana did 3 parts and a quiz on Reading Eggs.
After that hour was up, they did Easy Peasy copy work and then we started a new history unit. We learned about the Mayans and the Aztecs, now we started on the Incas. We watched a YouTube video about the Inca Empire.
I had been wanting to read The Lost Scrolls in the Avatar: The Last Airbender collection and so I got all four books from the library and we ended the day with reading Avatar: The Lost Scrolls: Water. It's so cool to read. They love it.
Thursday: We finished watching Sid the Science Kid on Netflix. After, we discussed every episode we watched and then they drew pictures of what they liked the most.
Ariana's drawing of Sid the Science Kid and the other characters
After they had reading time and they read to each other. It was so cute.
We had reading time and then Samantha did a Easy Peasy math worksheet from her workbook and the results are below. She had to color shapes and cut them out and make a picture. She decided to make..... ME! I am adorable! Ariana did more Easy Peasy copy work.
Friday: We started the morning with a Christmas movie. I was going to do all our Christmas stuff on next Tuesday, but this movie was due back to the library on next Monday.. so, we had to watch it today. It was good to watch a movie in our pajamas. After they got their morning routine out of the way and then had 30 minutes to review spelling words before their tests. Ariana got another 100. Samantha got 5 right and 5 wrong. I was so upset with her and myself. It put a lot of doubt in my mind and I was questioning myself if I was doing the right thing and are they at where they need to be. I cried... a lot.
During my cry fest, they did their reading time and Sammy read some to me. I was happy but still doubtful. We ended the stressful day with reading the 2nd Lost Scrolls book which is Avatar: The Lost Scrolls: Earth.
**NOTE**
Next week, we will have two days of school, but I will not be posting about those two days until the following week. So the 19th-20th will be in the home school post of the 26th-29th. They will not have school on the 30th to celebrate the upcoming New Year more!













No comments:
Post a Comment