Thursday, March 30, 2017
Review: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Another Dan Brown book crossed off the list and I enjoyed this one, but it wasn't my favorite. It reminded me way to much of the National Treasure movies that I love. It also felt very repetitive. It once again started out with Robert Langdon getting pulled from his home very last minute and being dragged to another city. This time in Washington D.C.
The story lines were amazing, but I did have some problems with the book. It seemed like all the science terms were being repeated over and over and the two previous books were mentioned briefly, but then in the rest of the story, the author made Robert Langdon seem ignorant and not understand what Peter or Katherine were saying. He didn't believe what Peter was telling him about the freemasons, and yet, he should know that there are things in this world that are so secretive that he knows about. He knows way more about the illuminati in The Vatican City. He learned that the holy grail is in fact a person of Jesus' bloodline. He seemed so dumb and I couldn't handle it. The character of Peter was also very condescending at the end because after everything that had happened, Robert was still non believing of the lost word.
I am ready to read the fourth book, and wait until the fifth book releases in September.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment