Around the beginning of this month, I made the recipe Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti and Meatballs that was included in my Influenster comfort voxbox. It was definitely after the flooding stopped that I made this when we could actually get to the store and not have to call my brother, who is a first responder to go get food for us. The recipe actually calls for homemade meatballs, but due to our situation and not knowing if we were going to lose power, I decided to go with pre-made meatballs. Not ideal, but it had to do.
In my box, they included two Ragu coupons. One was 55 cent off two jars and then the one I used was the one for a free jar. The recipe calls for Ragu Chunky Tomato, Garlic and Onion sauce, but with stores empty and interstates closed where trucks couldn't deliver to stores, I had to settle for traditional and the one we got was the only one left on the shelf in the entirety of my town. My town only had 3 stores to buy groceries. We have the local grocery... aka Cayce's old job that he got injured at, and then we got a dollar general and a family dollar.
Anways, I am going to copy the recipe and post it for you guys and then post my pictures. It was so yummy.
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 jar Ragu Chunky Tomato, Garlic and Onion sauce
1 box spaghetti, cooked and drained.
1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, and eggs in a large bowl, shape into 24 meatballs.
2. Bring sauce just to a boil in a 6 quart saucepot over med. high heat. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally. 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve over hot spaghetti.
**Pictures**
The next recipe I will be posting is completely homemade besides the sauce. It is going to be another Influenster recipe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...


No comments:
Post a Comment