Saturday, October 24, 2015

School Week 10 Recap

The start of this week was super slow. Which was good and bad. Good that we actually felt like we had time to get stuff done and spend time together, on the other hand, I was starting to lose patience with everything the last hour we did school. The computer being slow, Addy being rambunctious, Sammy wanting to eat every 5 minutes. I am truly exhausted typing this Monday section.

Monday: We started the day off pretty normally. Cayce was home and he will be home every morning this week for school except on Friday. Ariana has her annual doctor's appointment for Thursday, so I will be staying home with Sam and get most of her school done, and then work with Ariana when she gets back. But anyways, back to Monday. I started the Education.com 13 days of Halloween unit today. We did Day 1 and 2. Day 1 was basically read Halloween stories. We read about Zombies and The Raven.



After, we decided to put together our Halloween village. I think this will be the last year we ever buy a store pre-made because these things are disappointing.

the girls were looking forward to building it, but it made for a good snack throughout the day. I liked the skull and bone candy



After that train wreck of a village, we went straight to quiet time. I was so fed up, that I just wanted to sit and read with the girls. Then they did dominoes and finished the day of with computer work.

Tuesday: This day was better than Monday. It went by super quick. Cayce cooked brunch for everyone this morning and the girls helped him. They love to help us cook. But before that we did morning work and Sammy and Airy folded clothes and put them away. I had all 3 of the girls in my room while Cayce was cooking and I was reading to them.



After the food was done and we were done reading, we went and ate and we watched Firehouse Dog. They loved the movie. After that we did quiet time and we ended the day doing workbooks.

Wednesday: We started the morning off with morning work and chores. I had something exciting planned for the day. While we were doing that, Cayce and Addy was just getting back home from Addy's speech appointment, and Cayce decided to catch a few winks. After our morning work, they had quiet time, and then we went straight to computer work.

For today's segment of our 13 days of Halloween, I wanted to carve one of our pumpkins. We have two this year, so we did one today and will do the next one tomorrow. We spent a good hour outside drawing, carving, gutting, having a slime fight with the pumpkin guts, my uncle walked over and the girls throw seeds at him. It was hilarious.

Airy looking so cute in her pink long sleeve and chocolate pants

we watched  video of Elmo's World today. It was funny.



starting to draw the face


I love these little divas


they tried to scrape the guts out with spoons, eventually we took the spoons away and told them to just dig in it. They loved doing it.

watching daddy scrape the rest out.


good daddy.
Here is the end product:


He made a tongue sticking out and I wanted to name it the Miley Cyrus pumpkin. She's always sticking her tongue out in her photos... why the hell not. We finished the day with watching a Dora DVD because the last 15-20 minutes we were outside, the mosquitoes started to attack us and it was hot today, so we relaxed in the living room.

Thursday: Ariana had her 5 year checkup today, so Sammy had an early day. We started at 8:35. we did morning work and then did computer work. She played a couple of games for an hour and a half.
sight word match game

While she was finishing up her computer work, Ariana and Cayce made it back home. We waited til 12:30 to start Airy's school. She did her daily notebook.


When she was done with that, Sammy and Airy did quiet time together.
Sammy working on her 13 day of Halloween craft. 

voila, her newsie Frankenstein. 

quiet time

doing dominoes. 

Sammy's day ended after quiet time and then Airy started on her computer work. I didn't take any more pictures because Cayce decided to go pick up next week's library haul and season 6 of Smallville was included and yea, we started watching. She ended the day with painting.

Friday: I declared it a movie day. Yesterday we got next week's library haul and we went ahead and watched the movies today.
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Nickelodeon Happy Halloween

We piled up in my room to finish watching the movies.

I had to get this. It has my boo in it. 

We finished of the day with doing their daily notebook. They aren't going to be able to watch these movies next Friday liked I planned because I only get them a week and they are reserved for someone else after me, so we went ahead and watched them. We will be having another movie day next Friday with our own movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...