Friday, October 16, 2015

School Week 9 Recap

9 weeks down, I don't know how many to go. This year is flying by. I know I say that every post, but it's true. There is so many things we still haven't done and I just have this overwhelming feeling that even though the school year just started, it feels like we won't get everything done this year. Anyways, I'm an going to get on to this recap.

Monday: It was Columbus Day. We didn't talk about it because it seems like this holiday is coming under fire. I don't know why but I saw pics and meme's of Native Americans and insults towards Columbus. I decided to not share or talk about the day at all. We ended up watching Pinocchio, and doing some zoo worksheets.
quiet time

quiet time

coloring zoo worksheet. I had to print coloring pages because most of the zoo worksheets that I found were about some animals that are not at our local zoo. 


Ariana had to color her favorite animal.

Tuesday: We started with morning work and went to quiet time. Then we went to computer work and ended the day with playing with dominoes. My girls love dominoes. I am looking for a different kind of domino game, so if you know of any that my girls would be interested in, please leave a suggestion down in my comment box.
Sammy working on her spelling words

we watched a video about bald eagles that was part of Airy's computer work

working on spelling words.

doing dominoes.

Wednesday: We have been slacking with doing the pledge every morning and our little monthly chant, but we are getting back on track with that. We did all our normal stuff, like quiet time, dominoes, and morning work. We did computer work and watched a Youtube video about Amazonia. It was part of Airy's computer work and it was supposed to be about giant electric eels. Eel starts with E and she was just finishing up with E today. The video was an hour and 21 minutes long, so we just sat back and watched that while we snacked on cheeseballs.
doing quiet time

looking at her picture book during quiet time

doing her little color game

watching out video

after the video, we had to finish other computer work. Sammy had to finish her spelling.

Airy was done with her work before Sam today.

Sammy finishing her school work

Thursday: I woke up feeling like death today. I was so exhausted and sick and was thinking about skipping school today but we didn't. I pushed through and the girls were good for me today and didn't fuss much. We did start later than usual and we started the day with a movie. We watched Princess and the Frog. It is my favorite Disney movie. I didn't take many pictures either. After the movie, they drew pictures from the movie. Then we read our library books and listened to the sing along DVD that we got as well.
The girls laughed so hard at this book, and I did my best teenager impression for the pigeon.


Airy loving her *f* video. 

My beautiful babies.
After reading, we did quiet time, and went straight to computer work. Sammy worked on her copywork at first and then she ended up finishing all her work after Airy today. We had a long day, and it ended well after 4:30pm.

Friday: We started the day doing catch up work kind of. We did morning work and spent an hour listening to Flat Stanley on audio book.

Ariana finished her fall worksheet and Sammy played with some play-doh. Then Sammy finished her fall worksheets.



We did then computer work and ended the day doing quiet time. I did plan on Ariana doing more computer work after quiet time, but decided to push it to Monday.
this was another fall worksheet that she had to cut and make into a match game


President Snow decided to help Sammy with her spelling


Where's Marlin and Dory?

That was our week. It was definitely a good week and we will be doing a lot more next week. I am planning on letting Samantha help more while shopping and separate money for me. Ariana is going to start doing more chores and I am going to put Samantha on chore duty on Friday-Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...