Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Insurgent Review *spoilers*

I finished reading Insurgent last Sunday and I reviewed it on Goodreads. Here is my review. This book was so amazing!!!!!

*Goodreads Review*

HOLY SHIT, this book was so much better than what I expected. First thing I have to say is that the movie did NOT do it justice at all and my hubby doesn't know what the hell he is missing....lol. I loved how it just picked right up from where it left off in Divergent. That's the kind of things I like because you don't have to ask what happened between then ending and the beginning of books.

My favorite part in the whole book is when they gave Tris too much peace serum after her fight with Peter. I was laughing so loud at her behavior, and how Four was over the whole thing. Once again, I didn't like how much crying was in this book. Yes, I know she is a 16 year old girl who is being hunted because she is the special type of human being and is a "threat" to Jeanine's sick and twisted way of life, but come on, really... does she have to cry or "fight back tears" or want to sob every other 5-6 sentences. She is supposed to be tough when she is really a crybaby.

I loved how at the end, the factionless took away the dauntless weapons and the dauntless didn't even think twice about it, then plot twist and wanting more after the video.... holy crap. Can't wait to read the last book. I am being told that I will hate it, but we will see. I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars because I just couldn't take the crying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoy my review. I am really hesitant to watch the movie again, because after reading the book and remembering the movie, the movie just plain SUCKS! I am dreading telling Cayce that because he likes the movies. I am going to have to find an audio of the books and let him listen to them and then let him watch the movies.

It's the only way to get him to see the truth and not be brainwashed by crap CGI!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...