Monday, January 11, 2016

Buddhism for Beginners

I am no longer going to do two separate posts for just one book. I have so much to share in a month and it makes more sense to put my pictures with my reviews. This is the second book that I have read this year. The first is not going to be posted on here because it was a spur of the moment read on New Years morning.

I started this book on January 4th and I finished it yesterday. I am going to be giving myself little challenges along with my Goodreads challenge and personal challenge.

For the month of January, I want to read 4 books. This month is going to be super busy for me and that's a book a week. I am going to start a book on Monday and finish it by Sunday. I already have another book post planned for this month and the other two books I read this month will be posted next month along with the books I read in February.

Now, onto my review...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always been fascinated by the Buddhism religion. I have always loved the Buddha statues and what it is all about. I believe in karma and reincarnation. This book answers questions about love, compassion, anger, self centered. It is a real eye opener. I want to incorporate some of the teachings into my life because I admit, I am a very angry person and Cayce gets the most of my anger and he doesn't deserve coming home to an angry wife all the time.

It talks about meditation and the different variety of meditation. I would love to start meditation, and get my kids into it. This book mentions suffering all throughout the book. Everyone suffers. I hate to see my love ones suffer and I don't like it. It mentions clairvoyance and egos. The Buddha is against public displays of clairvoyance unless it was to benefit others and not ones self.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...