Friday, January 29, 2016

School Week 24 Recap

This week went by super fast. I am exhausted. It was a good, productive week. We had early starts pretty much every morning except Monday and Tuesday.

Monday: We had a late start to the day. We started around 11:30am. We did morning work and puzzle.

They requested that we read every single one of the library books and it took us a good 45 minutes to read them all. After me reading aloud to them, they wanted to have quiet time and Sammy proceeded to read every word she knew from the books she had picked out.
all the library books we read.

The rest of the day, they both did computer work.

Tuesday: We started the morning off with playing Sorry. It wasn't a late late start to the morning, but it was 20 minutes later than I normally like to start. While they were playing Sorry, I was cooking breakfast.


After a round of Sorry and breakfast, they had their quiet time and then worked on puzzle.
President Snow decided to help.
They worked on workbooks and Ariana did more handwriting to end her day.

Wednesday: Today we started at regular time. Morning work and puzzle is our normal everyday thing that they do. We read 3 favorite library books, and went to quiet time.

I decided to let them watch some Youtube videos today. I have a little playlist that I follow and it has nothing but Tinga Tinga Tales episodes on it, and so they watched 6 episodes today and after each one, I had them summarize it and draw pictures from that episode.

I love the bright colors that they have


Ariana did great. 

They enjoyed that show so much. I even laughed it was funny. They will be watching some more episodes in the future, probably if we have another sick day or if we have a make up day.

Thursday: Today was just a rainy and crappy day. I deemed it a relax and summarize and draw for me day. So we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, because it fit with the weather and then we watched the sequel. I had some fun with them. I had taken out a roll of hamburger meat to thaw out for supper and I pretended that I was going to throw it out in the rain and it was going to make meatballs.... long story short, I got tackled and the word NO was screamed into my ear.


After the movies, they worked on their daily notebooks and ended the day with quiet time.

Friday: We had a good day and it was very productive. They had separate quiet times today and they both got some computer work done.
Airy is still working on the letter N


Sammy not doing quiet time...lol


Sammy had to read the word and then type in that number

she got all of them correct

Ariana doing her quiet time.

Sammy ended the day with some Christmas color by number pages from her Christmas activity book. 

It was a productive week. May 21st will be here before I know it and they still have a lot to learn before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...