Friday, January 15, 2016

School Week 22 Recap

This week was very off for us. Monday and Tuesday were great and Wednesday, everyone except me got sick, well... Cayce has been sick since last week, but the girls got sick this week.

Monday: Today was just a normal day for us. We started late but that's becoming the new norm for us. They did their morning work and chores and then they requested to work on the puzzle. They are getting through it fast some days and then others just like blah, I don't want to do it.

After puzzle, we had to go do a little shopping and they worked on money skills. Sammy got some new colored pencils and she paid me back when she got home from her dollar that she got from the tooth fairy. When we got back home, Cayce had to leave for work and the girls went a read their books. I am still going to call it quiet time, but it is mainly Sammy reading out loud the words she knows and Ariana listens to her.

After quiet time, I had Samantha work some more in her workbook on her addition and subtraction. She is getting really good at it. Ariana worked on her words and handwriting. She is doing good, but then she forgets to space and puts the words together and it is so confusing.

Tuesday: We had speech and dentist appointments that lasted pretty much from early morning till mid afternoon, and I made it into a field trip day after the girls started asking questions at the dentist office about what was what and what does it do and all that. I took pictures of Addy because it was her first dentist appointment but not of Sammy and Airy. It was a good day because they learned more about dentists.

Wednesday: Today was a bad day for us. Cayce was sick as a dog and got sent home from work and he went to the doctor. Samantha was complaining of a headache and sore throat and Ariana had a high temp and upset stomach. I ended up having to end the day early because they were nodding off during their work on the puzzle.

 After their morning work, I printed them off some dentist coloring pages  to tie in and wrap up yesterday's field trip.


After I ended the day, they went straight to the couch after they got their pillows and Ariana's comforter and went straight to sleep.

Thursday: We had a very late start to the day. I had a crappy night, and we started the day at noon. They did their morning work and chores. It was also the 100th day of school for us. It was hard to celebrate because they were feeling so bad. They did the usual stuff and then I gave them some 100th day coloring pages.


Sammy was finished with her packet first, so then I had her work on a crossword in her Lorax activity book, while Ariana finished her pages.

I had Ariana work on words and writing for the rest of the day and Sammy did workbook pages.

Friday: I had to make a tough decision on weather or not I was going to make them do school today. But, we did because I didn't want to have to make up a day on the weekend. We started late once again and it was alright. We did our usual work with quiet time. They chose what they wanted to do today. They were feeling bad and still wanted to do school, because they want to go to their granny and papa's house tomorrow. I didn't take that many pictures.


 We read our library books after quiet time, and they liked these and demanded a picture for my "bog"...lol. They worked on their puzzle and then they took an hour long break to eat because I was losing them to sleepiness.
After their break, I had Ariana work more on her words and writing and Sammy worked on her sight words, and then copy work. Ariana ended her day with workbook pages.

Next week, I am going to make it an all computer work week. I finally got a date for Ariana's kindergarten graduation and it's the week after we end school. We have a lot of work left ahead of us. I am hoping that my sniffles that I have now don't turn into a full blown head cold, or I am going to be pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...