Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas EVE

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Hope you all have gotten everything ready for the big day tomorrow. Today for us, was very exhausting but relaxing. Last night around 11:30, our power got knocked out. A car on the main road snapped a power pole in three and we were without power for 6 hours.

This winter has been the complete opposite it should be. We are having so much rain and hot weather, and the temp in my house last night got into the 80's. It was sweltering and I can't sleep in hot weather. Our power came back on around 5:30 and when it did, Cayce and I jumped up to turn the air conditioner on and our ceiling fan and portable fan on full blast. This was not just for us, but for the girls too, especially Samantha. She sweats so easily and she gets hot quick. We also had to hurry and get President Snow happy because he is spoiled. He goes to sleep at a certain time every night and if he can't see me or hear the fan going, he goes crazy and meows like someone is hurting him. He did get sick in the middle of the night and he was fine the rest of the day.

We didn't do school today and we won't be doing school tomorrow. We watched movies all day and they colored all day and just listened to the rain pour outside. I got some amazing goodies today. Some are freebies and some that I bought myself. The freebies will be in the freebie post.

The first thing I got that I am super excited about is a poster. It's not just any poster.

Yep, it is a The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 signed by Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Natalie Dormer and Lenny Kravitz.

Before my mom and dad showed up, I got two packages from UPS and those packages will also be in my freebie haul. When my mom and dad arrived, they had a bunch of presents. My mom decided to do the Christmas Eve box, that has been going around on Facebook, with a movie, matching pj's, hot chocolate and some popcorn and candy. My mom did that and my dad got the pajamas.


They ripped into that box. It didn't have a fighting chance...lol

they got the 50th anniversary edition of Dr. Seuss How The Grinch Stole Christmas, matching pink princess pj's, Sammy and Airy got 2 new mugs. Addy is still learning how to drink our of regular cups, got a box of popcorn and a box of hot chocolate, with a zip lock bag full of candy. 

They also brought over my old easy bake oven and then three more gifts for the girls to open tomorrow. 

 My parents gave Cayce and I some money and a LED Christmas Globe that I can put out as a decoration next year. We also got a snowman and reindeer cheese plate and I got a much needed notepad. I am constantly looking for paper to take notes down.
I had to get a picture of my babies.

Getting ready for the hot chocolate.

We had dinner, which was ball park chicken patties and then we made sugar cookies. Cayce was on his way home then and he let us know that he also got us more stuff.
I was nervous on how these were going to turn out because I ran out of butter,


Ready to pop these bad boys into the oven

enjoying hot chocolate while waiting on the cookies.

loving her hot chocolate in her new mug



cookies turned out great.

Cayce got home and we let the girls open up a present from us. It was a movie that we have been wanting to see. It was The Minions. Then Cayce gave me my gift that he bought me from Toys R Us. Yes I am 25 years old and he got me something from Toys R Us. It was something that I was not expecting and definitely earned him points.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 "Peeta" doll

He said that he saw the Katniss doll and had to look for Peeta. He said as soon as he saw them, he had to hurry up and get it because the rest of the packages were damaged and he didn't want to fight nobody off. I am seriously thinking of doing a post of all my The Hunger Games merch. Be on the lookout for that.

 But before we watched the movie, we had to clean up the kitchen and get the girls cleaned up so they could get into the new pajamas. They were so stinkin' cute together in the pajamas.
my kids are just adorable.

We had Missy in tonight to watch the movie with us. President Snow was sleeping underneath my desk, and I guess trying to relax and get his sleep that he definitely missed last night.

So that is the end of my Christmas Eve. I will leave you with some pictures of my tree and just to let you know, Santa has already come and gone. Merry Christmas ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...