Friday, December 18, 2015

School Week 18 Recap

Our last full week of school for the year 2015. Next week will be 2 days only, and then the following week will be 3 days. But, back to this week. It was some fun.

Monday: We started the morning with morning work and then quiet time.


After quiet time they colored some Christmas pages. Sooo Pretty!

I love her tree



They watched a movie called The Swan Princess Christmas. After they helped me with one last Airheads Craft. We made holiday monster cupcakes. I had to do one more project to complete my Smiley360 task.

mixing the batter for the cupcakes


We made the eyeball out of white and green airheads

our "wazowski" cupcake.
That was the end of our Monday!

Tuesday: Today was kind of a work/relax day. The girls started off with their morning work and then I separated their quiet times. Ariana did hers first while Samantha wrote down her new sight words and did some copywork pages. 

This was the only picture I took today because after they got done with what they were doing, Cayce wanted them to watch a Christmas movie with him. They watched Jingle All The Way 2 with Larry the Cable Guy and that one is now my fave out of the two Jingle All The Way movies.

After the movie, Cayce had to leave to go to work and so Samantha did her quiet time and she read some words out to me, and Ariana did some of her workbook pages. It was an easy Tuesday in my opinion.

Wednesday: We had a fun morning. We did morning work and we read some library books. 



Then we listened to Christmas music for a good hour and a half
I found a Grinch Soundtrack!!!

Then we did quiet time together. I only did a little bit of quiet time because the book I was reading is just CRAP! My review/rant will be posted next month. Then they watched the Christmas Activity TV DVD. They each picked out activities that they want to do. Samantha wants to make Christmas cards and Ariana wants to make an elf puppet. So tomorrow, they will be doing Christmas cards and then on Friday, they are going to watch the 2nd disc of the DVD and they are going to make their own elf paper bag puppets.

Thursday: We did our usual morning work and chores. We worked on Christmas cards and their letters to Santa for a good part of the day. That lasted a good 2 hours. They wanted a much needed quiet time after that...lol. 
My table was a complete mess.
I had to clean up so much glue and glitter glue.

The white cards are letters to Santa and the construction paper cards are their Christmas Cards.



I had the words written out on the white board. They just filled in their names and then I asked them what they wanted Santa to bring them and then wrote it on the board for them to copy.


My babies hard at work

They ended the day with playing Hi-Ho-Cherry-O. They absolutely LOVE that game.

Friday: The girls had a good day but I had a bad day. We started late. They did morning work and then they watched disc 2 of Activity TV. They chose to draw reindeer after the movie was done. After that, they did quiet time.


We read the library Christmas books again today. They love these books. I have to get copies of them. The Mickey Mouse books is ours.
 We ended the day with doing workbooks. I planned on them doing computer work, but I was just to upset to even deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...