Monday, December 28, 2015

Sparked Review

New review. This may sound a bit harsh to readers, but it's an honest review and I did what was asked of me. If the author doesn't like what I have to say, then they are in the wrong business because no story will receive all positive reviews. As you know, this is posted on my Goodreads page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Goodreads Review**

I received a copy for an honest review. When I first downloaded my copy, I read the summary and I wasn't impressed. It sounded like a contemporary romance and I don't really enjoy reading books set in the 1950's. I just don't understand that decade what so ever. I enjoyed the book. It reminded me of the Hatfields and McCoys with a mix of Romeo and Juliet. I don't think this book should be classified as a superhero just because the characters have powers. They shouldn't have the superhero label because they haven't stopped any crime. Cora helped herself away from Ralph with her water power and also to keep Clayton from taking his energy and turning Ralph into a vegetable.

I am hesitant, but willing to read the rest of the books in the series because they are based on different characters in the town. I want to know if Cora and Clayton will make an appearance in the rest of the series and team up with the others who present their powers to eventually become "superheroes". I enjoyed the book, but the time period and the wrong category for this novel is just a big disappointment. The ladies who wrote this have an amazing imagination, but not the type of story I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...